wedding fun :: table display

When we started planning our wedding I knew exactly what look and feel I wanted ... very country-ish sage green-gingham with cream and birds and roses ... gypsophelia flowers and gold ... I also knew I wanted to make as much of it as possible so it was truly a homemade wedding

after mum and I searching and searching we eventually found exactly the right shade of sage green gingham for the table clothes and bought 18 meters ... we did think about making the boys ties out of it too ... but they ended up with something different so lots of table clothes were then made ...


my dad drinks lots of lemon and honey tea and has runny honey in it too, he gets through a jar or so a week, so I asked mum to save me some ... about 30+ and after collecting lots of pretty ribbon and lace that fitted in with my colours I tied 3 different ribbons around the top of each jar ...

each one has a different combination of ribbons and the 3 bows are spaces around the top so they can be seen from each side.



I wasn't going to have table numbers or place settings, it was going to be very much a sit where you like, but due to the size of the room and the amount of guests we had, the only way was to have a seating plan ... so I made table numbers. My dad and brother added wood to the bottom so they would stand up.



I used a part of one of those canvas wardrobes, that we used when Timber was little to block off the living room, like a puppy gate, for the seating plan. Each table was printed out and tied on in the right layout.


for the for everyones places I didn't want more clutter on the table so I made tags to tie on to the chairs ...


I made Steve and mine with our full name and a bit bigger ... well we are the reason for the day!! ;)

I tied them all with different ribbons and lace to match the jars and everything else ...


this is how it all came together ... 




0 comments

I love reading your comments ... thank you xx