magpie monday :: old wooden box

I popped into town for the first time in weeks last week and I was on a mission ... I have been making my stand and looking for display items for some craft fairs I have coming up and was looking for something for my jewellery ... I spied this box in one of the antique shops in town ...


it was really filthy, but full of rustic charm and only £10 ... mum and I carried it all the way home ... it only just fit under our arms!


I brushed it out and wiped it down and while I was painting my tree for my little owl display, I gave the box a wash of grey too ... it perfectly fits in with the rest of my display now and all I have to do is add some little tiny cup hooks to hang jewellery from.

1 comments

  1. Oh that's lovely. I'm a sucker for old wooden boxes, I bet your jewellery will look beautiful in there.

    Sorry I haven't been able to get a post up today - crazy busy weekend x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments ... thank you xx