chat with KERRY from PENNYDOG

Kerry combines 2 of my favourite things patchwork and chocolate ... well 3 if you include jewellery ;) I know I have a long list of favourite things, but they are definitely on there!

meet Kerry ...

8 words that most describe you?
Erm....
I
like
big
dogs
and
I
cannot
lie
? :D

What do you make?
I make quilts and sew for fun and I make chocolates for business. I used to do resin jewellery but I got really tired of it last year so it was time to try something else.

What new craft would you like to try?
I think I have tried everything going to be honest, from lampwork to soap making. I would like to learn more about art quilting though as I'm just tentatively testing those waters.

When you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up?
According to old school documents I wanted to be a nurse when I was 5. This was before I realised I was incredibly haemophobic! I wanted to be a journalist from about the age of 9 which was greatly encouraged by family but this developed into generally wanting to be a writer. I then went on to study Publishing with English at university. I still do want to be a writer and I have written a non-fiction book and things for magazines- including being an editor of a crafts one for a while. I would like to write at least another non-fiction book, and if I won the lottery I would start my own magazine publishing business.

Do you collect anything?
I collected keyrings as a kid and had thousands. I also collected stamps for a while too. Now I have a modest collection of 70s Hornsea Pottery. It's so vulgar by modern tastes that I love it! I also collect mugs with cows on them.

Do you have any scars? how did you get it/them?
I have a dent in my nose from when I was cuddling my dog Fletcher and he shook his head and broke it. I also have a scar on my back from scratching it against the keyboard pull out from my desk I had in my bedroom as a kid. I also have a weird wobbly one on the end of my elbow that was from a scab I kept picking and picking. Nothing hugely exciting.

Do you have any goals for the next few months?
I am entering the Festival of Quilts for the first time and making my first ever pictorial quilt for it! So I am looking forward to going in August and seeing my work on display. I have a plan to make another in my series too. I also am aiming to sell patchwork patterns in my Etsy shop before Christmas and it would be awesome if I could get a blog sponsor before then too.

Do you have any nick-names?
I get called Kerrence or Wilko at work. I don't mind Wilko as only a select collection of male managers get called by their surnames. Kerrence originated from college (cos Terry is short for Terrence) though it has reappeared separately in later life.

Whats your favourite ice-cream flavour?
Vanilla, as long as it's whippy. I could eat whippy ice cream all day.
How scrumptious do they look :D <- thats me with my mouth wide open!

Good luck for the Festival of Quilts Kerry.

If you would like to find out more about Kerry, you can check out her patchwork blog, follow her on twitter, buy her yummy chocolates in her shop and like her on facebook.

1 comments

  1. I was just going through my blog reader and my face appeared on screen and it made me jump *snort* I don't think I expected to see this so soon, thanks Maria :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments ... thank you xx