a chat with SHARON from RIAMELIN

Felting is something I am really wanting to try and a true inspiration is Sharon from Riamelin ... her gorgeous little felted creatures are truly scrumptious.

Meet Sharon ...

8 words that most describe you?

Shy, quiet, giggly, silly, forgetful, dopey, artistic and friendly!

What do you make?

I make needle felted bears mostly, but also bunnies and little cartoonish dragons, dinos and brooches. :)

What new craft would you like to try?

Oh there are many different things I would like to try. I got a sewing machine a while back but haven't made much on it yet because I haven't had the time and haven't had a clue what to make or how to start!

If you were a mr men / little miss character who would you be?

Little Miss Naughty! When I was in high school I had a bag with her on it and I loved it.

What is the best present someone has ever given you?

When I was 16 or 17 my dad bought me a computer... I had never really used one much before and had no idea what I was doing for a long time. But now I couldn't imagine a life without one!

When you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up?

I wanted to illustrate and write children's stories. From a young age I always had lots of ideas for things and stories in my head. I am not much of a painter really, I haven't the patience for it, but I have dabbled in digital art and enjoyed it.

Do you collect anything?

I seem to collect bits and bobs of things that I "might use for something in the future" usually craft items like little bits of ribbon from packaging, buttons, bits of string and other random things that I will probably never use!

Do you have any scars? how did you get it/them?

I have a few. A huge one on the front of my left leg, under my knee from when I (somehow) fell over the wall of a bridge. I should have got it stitched up but I was never brave enough. I have 3 on my fingers from when I went ice skating: I had never done it before and was a bit timid but my friend was pulling me around fast and we fell... I am still not certain what happened but when I stood up again I felt a bit odd. Then I looked at my hand and realised there was blood pouring on the ice and people were skating through it. I think I fainted and was taken to hospital... Again I should have gotten stitches because for a long time afterward if I would bend my fingers the cuts would open up again. I also have one under my bottom lip from when I was staying with my aunt and uncle and my little cousin who was just a baby at the time. I must have been 3 or 4, I attempted to climb over the child gate to his room and I slipped when my nightie got caught under my foot and my tooth went through my lip. My auntie put a party hat on me in an attempt to get me to stop crying. I think it worked. :)

What’s on the walls in your room?

Ask me again in a few weeks. :) I am moving soon. Very excited to finally have my own little flat to live in!

What do you want more than anything right now?

To be in my new flat!

Were you named after anyone?

Hmmm, I don't think so.

Do you wish on stars?

Occasionally. :)

What was your favourite toy as a child?

I have a few: My bear, Charlie, I think my sister gave him to me one Christmas. I still have him. And I had a second hand (non motorised) scooter that my dad spray painted for me. I loved that thing! My childhood best friend and I used to go zooming about the village on it. Ooh and I had a small trampoline... Not those huge ones all the kids these days seem to have. Mine was blue and yellow I think and I loved it, sometimes I would have it in the house too and I would sit on it and stick stickers all over it and pretend it was a spaceship. Charlie came with me of course!

Do you have any nick-names?

Some of my Internet friends call me Ria. My parents call me Shar.

Whats your favourite ice-cream flavour?

Mint choc chip... But I am on a diet. :(

If I were to raid your fridge, what treats would I find there?

Nothing interesting these days!

Describe your home in 5 words

The one I am going to is small, bright, quiet, empty and mine!
Sharon, I am so excited for you in getting your new flat and making it into your own cozy space ... happy homemaking x

If you would like to find out more about Sharon, you can check out her blog, follow her on twitter, like her on facebook or visit her shop.

0 comments

I love reading your comments ... thank you xx