contemporary smocking

I have always fancied having a go at smocking and the other week our local book shop that has now closed down was selling off all its books really cheap and I found this great book on smocking for £2 ... its called Contemporary Smocking by Dorothea Hall.


I have been poring over it ever since ... when you think of smocking do you think of little girls dresses? I did, but this book has some great modern ideas ... like this Christmas decoration ...


... a quilted sampler ...


... a cushion cover ...


... and pillow ...


... as well as lots of other things ... I am looking forward to deciding what to make and starting :) ... I really have no idea what to make though.

Have you ever done any smocking? I would love to know how you got on and what you made.

0 comments

I love reading your comments ... thank you xx