tips and wrinkles

Welcome to 'Tips and Wrinkles' ... here I will pass on some useless and hopefully useful tips ...

Do you suffer from Plantar Fasciitis? what is that I hear you ask? well it is inflammation of your plantar fascia. Your plantar fascia is a strong band of tissue (like a ligament) that stretches from your heel to your middle foot bones. It supports the arch of your foot and also acts as a shock-absorber in your foot. It can be like walking on nails and incredibly painful.
I had it about 4 years ago when we moved into a very old house with hard wooden floors. I walk about in bare feet all the time and I also have quite high arches in my feet. I put up with it for about a year, not really knowing what it was but after some research I found that someone suggesting sitting with a bag of frozen peas under your feet (wrapped in a towel) for about 20mins, 3 times a day (sounds strange I know) ... well over the Christmas holidays when I was back home with my parents, my mum (bless her) decided that I couldn't go on hobbling around and made me do this ... I did it for a week ... it was quite painful ... but it worked, when I got home there was a noticeable difference ... I could get out of bed in the morning and walk around fine! It's such a simple thing that can help such crippling pain.
If you have plantar fasciitis please try some frozen veg ... it may help and you will have happy-feet again!

0 comments

I love reading your comments ... thank you xx