30 DAY Challenge :: day 8

Day 8: A place you’ve traveled to

I did quite a bit of traveling when I was younger and now I am not tied to being self-employed I am hoping to do a lot more.

Back in 1998 I did a D.T.S. with Y.W.A.M. in Turner Valley Canada and we had a choice of two mission destinations ... Myanmar (Burma) or Dominica ... I chose Dominica and a small group of us went out to join with a group from the Barbados Y.W.A.M.
We did fun stuff with the kids, visited the hospital and prison, painted the chiefs hut and bathed in the river ...
... the out-house (toilet) was gross (I would just like to point out that me sitting there is a staged photo!!)

I had my hair braided ... washed my clothes in a stream ...
... admired the beautiful view and met some amazing people!

0 comments

I love reading your comments ... thank you xx