meet dora

Steve built us the loveliest home ever, but it is only small and our spare room is used as a work storage room for me with all my 'making' bits in it ... we haven't even finished decorating it yet! We did manage to put the window sill in and curtains up over the summer when my friend came to stay and squeeze in a single bed, then it got turned into a bit of a wedding dumping ground and now it needs to be sorted so my lovely Steve bought me a vintage caravan to do up as a work room! I am beyond excited about it!!

We had been looking all summer for one but they all go for £700 + even ones for spares and repairs and we just couldn't afford that. This one has been sat at a farm that Steve does lambing at for years and years (about 20ish!) but steve thought it would be damp so didn't even consider it. But the other week he had a proper look inside and guess what, although dated and not in a good way, it was structurally sound and apart from a little leak in one of the sky lights, it was dry and BIG ... oh its a great size! all the room I need!

I went to look at it and thought oh goodness this is going to be a lot of work, but its a price we can just about afford and we are never going to get a bargain like that anywhere else ... so after thinking about it over the weekend, Steve went to check out on Monday if it would move ok (having sat there for years!) and an hour later he was home with it!!




We parked it on the lawn and had a really good look at it ... Oh what had we done!! ....




Steve wasted no time in pressure washing it off, and it transformed it ...


my mum and dad came over on Tuesday and said they would help, which is great cos, oh ... the inside is as disgusting as you can imagine ...


Steve was home not well on Friday, but being Steve, he couldn't sit inside and be ill, he had to be pottering so decided it was a good day to rip out a lot of what we don't want to keep from the inside ...

So he has taken out the kitchen area and bathroom area and carpet ... we are probably keeping the seating area and I will make fresh cushions etc as if you rip out too much then the caravan its not good structurally as a lot of the built in fitting support the walls. I would like to rip it out really though and get a futon or sofa bed in there (although not sure how we would get a sofa bed through the narrow door!!)



mum said I should also show you the fly graveyard thats in the the front window ... I'm not sure how we are going to get them out, but trust me they are not staying!!!!!!

I have so many ideas and plans for Dora ... yes she has a name! ... and I can't wait to get started :) Steve moved her into the work shed today so we can start on the outside as its just to damp at the moment outside.

0 comments

I love reading your comments ... thank you xx