bacon and cheese loaf

I love bacon and I love cheese and I used to make this loaf a lot, but its been a while so I thought I would try it again.

its a really easy recipe

Bacon and Cheese Loaf
makes a 2lb loaf
Ingredients:
230g self raising flour
1 level tsp baking powder
3 level tsp mustard powder
1/4 level tsp each salt and pepper
60g marg
4 rashers bacon, de-rined and chopped
1 egg
120g grated cheese
1/4 pt milk


Directions:
Set the oven to a moderately hot gas mk5/375 F/190 C
Place all the ingredients, reserving 30g cheese for the topping in a mixing bowl.



Beat together with a wooden spoon until well mixed.
 

Turn the mixture into the loaf tin and sprinkle on the rest of the cheese.


Bake in the centre of the oven for 40-45 mins or until cooked.
Cool in the tin.




Serve sliced with butter.




0 comments

I love reading your comments ... thank you xx