it is a little green!

I have been really run down the last few weeks and dieting has just gone out the window (I know, nothing new there) but I have been reading a lot of blogs that mention green smoothies and how great they taste not to mention how much energy they give you blaa blaa blaa ... and so I thought it was high time I tried one!

I of course, decided to go for it while walking back from work on Saturday, so called into the supermarket and looked up the recipe on my phone. I couldn't find the one I wanted, but found another so had to go for that.

I made it on Sunday morning and you know what, it was rather de-lish!
couldn't taste the spinach at all! ;)
 

If you would like to try it, this is the recipe ::

Green Monster Spinach Smoothie
Serves 1
Ingredients:
1 frozen sliced banana
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1/2 cup 0% Vanilla Chobani Greek yogurt
1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze (or other kind of milk)
4 cups baby spinach (or more, or less)
Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.

This recipe is from America so I just used fat free Greek yogurt and Alpro Almond milk.
You do need to remember to slice a banana, pop it in a little bag and then put it in the freezer the night before you want to make one.

I have since bought a book for a couple of quid on my iPad full of recipes and can't wait to try some of them ... there are some that are specifically for weight loss, healthy hair, clearing skin/completion, energy etc ... I feel like I need all of them at the moment!

A lot from the book do not have any of the yogurt or milk in them and are mostly fruit and vegetables, but for one I just found quickly on my phone in the supermarket, I am loving it.

You can have them instead of breakfast/a meal or just as a healthy drink. I am not always the best at eating breakfast so the couple of days I have had them for breakfast and they are quite filling.

I would love to hear of any you have tried and did they help you in any way? or let me know if you try this one and what you think of it! x

3 comments

  1. Think I might have to try some when I get back...love smoothies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might have to try making my own. I love the idea of smoothies, but every single one in the supermarkets has banana in, and I HATE banana!

    Would be a much better alternative to my usual bowl of Coco Pops in the morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you could exchange the banana for some other fruit!

      Delete

I love reading your comments ... thank you xx