magpie monday :: SOME OLD BUYS

I haven't bought anything this week except my new toy!! but I wanted to share with you a few things I bought for my dressing table about 4 years ago ...
this sweet little pot has odd bits of jewellery in like studs and toe rings ... I love e delicate leaves on the top. It was only 99p from eBay with a few quid postage. It says Royal Creamware est. 1760 on the bottom, but I have no idea how old it is.
next is this sweet little leaf dish ... it sits next to a china rose that I have and say Berlin 1971 on the back ... again, 99p from eBay
... and these I LOVE ... but they are dust traps ... they are 2 semi-circular dishes with flowers on ... they are not in perfect condition, weren't when I bought them.
I have no idea how old they are, there are no markings on them and I have not seen anything like them before. I think they are quite old.
I would love to know if you have anything or seen anything like these 2 dishes or if you know anything about them ... I bought them on eBay and the listing said that she had had them for many years. I can't remember how much I spent, but it would only have been a few quid plus some p&p.
I also wanted to share this little pink glass bowl that Stacey gave me for my birthday ... I totally love it and am so touched that when she saw it, she thought of me :) Thanks Stacey x
Please pop over to MissieLizzie's blog to see more great bargains and links to other MagpieMonday's.

10 comments

  1. Love the glaze on the items. Very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have SUCH a pretty dressing table. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liked the bowl :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE it :) it fits in with all my other pink glass perfectly x

      Delete
  4. I have a pair of french candlesticks that are similar in style to your dishes (also terrible dust catchers!), though think the flowers on yours are more beautiful and delicate. They really are gorgeous - such a great ebay find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mum used to have some of those white unusual shaped dishes with the flowers in. She had them in the 1940s and used to put tiny flowers in them. Her's were made to look like fallen logs. sometimes she planted a little row of crocuses in them. They're nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you ... I hadn't thought of planting flowers in them ! thats a lovely thing to do ... may have to do that :)

      Delete

I love reading your comments ... thank you xx