the quickets scarf EVER!

I am so in love with this wool that I bought the other day ... I started to make a scarf for my sister-in-law at 5.15 this evening and by 8 o'clock I had finished ... and I stopped for tea in that time!

It is the coolest wool, its called snowball wool ... it has 'snowballs' then thin bits.

First I cut 10 strands for the tassels (A)
You don't cast on in the normal way, you twist the thin bits on to the needle to make the first row of stitches. (B & C) ... you actually do a double twist, but it wouldn't stay twisted like that for the photo.
You only knit the thin bits so the snow balls are between each stitch (D)
One of the snowballs goes at the end when you turn the row (E)
... this is the front (F) ...
... and this is the back (G)
It grows so fast I couldn't believe it ... but I guess there are only 5 stitches in each row!!
Lastly I added the tassels and voila its finished :D ... just hope its not to long for my sister-in-law who is quite petite ;)

I would definitely recommend this wool to anyone who wants a fun evening!

1 comments

  1. Teri said ...

    wow! fab! I guess it wouldn't take long with only 5 stitches per row! looks wonderfully soft and fluffy and I'm sure your sister-in-law will love it! xxx

    6th Nov 2010

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments ... thank you xx